My Governors Ball Music Festival 2018 Experience

Having started in 2011 and occurring every June since in NYC, Governors Ball has gained a name for itself as one of America's most prominent music festivals. They deliver every year with fan favorite performers, food vendors from everyone's favorite NYC restaurants, and an all around awesome vibe. This year I finally got to experience my first Gov Ball! Although I had wished I could've been there for all three days of the festival, I got single day passes and went for two days of the festival (Friday and Saturday) and had the absolute best time!

Gov Ball has four stages where performances were going on throughout the day so it ensures there's always an artist for you to go and watch. The line up was great this year with household names as well as new up and coming acts that you could check out and listen to. There were always at least two performers on at the same time and then between fifteen minutes to an hour and a half before the next performance would start on that stage. This year the artists I were looking forward to seeing were Post Malone (performed Friday), LANY (performed Saturday), Halsey (performed Saturday) and Travis Scott (performed Saturday). The standout performance of the weekend for me was definitely Post Malone. I have been a big Post fan for a while now and this was my first time seeing him live. Although he was not one of the festival's headliners (I wish he was!!), he still did a pretty long set consisting of fourteen songs. He performed old favorites such as "Go Flex" and "Too Young", new songs like "Paranoid", and radio hits like "Rockstar" and "Psycho". He had a great stage presence and even came out into the crowd at the end of the performance which was pretty cool. He still has some summer headline and festival dates left this summer so be sure to check out a show if he comes to a venue near you!

Every year at the time of Gov Ball my Instagram timeline gets flooded with pictures from the festival. It's no wonder everyone wants to post a photograph because there was so many cute Instagram opportunities throughout the weekend! By the festival's main stage there were big boards with cool designs each done by a different artist. There were about twelve of these in total, including one with the iconic 'You're Doing Great!' Gov Ball tagline. It was so cool to see this art on display from a variety of NYC artists and these art boards also acted as great Instagram backgrounds! I thought it was really cool to see some work showcased by different NYC artists. They were all so pretty and I loved every one! Two of my favorites that I took photos in front of was a white one with NYC inspired doodles and a hot pink one that read 'Instagram Famous'! In addition to the cool art to use as photo backdrops the overall atmosphere was so cool and the stages with all of their cool lighting also served as an awesome backdrop for taking photographs.

Besides the abundance of amazing performances to catch there were also a ton of vendor booths and brands there with booths. There were a multitude of vendor booths selling festival merchandise, drinks, and any kind of food that you can dream of from vegan ice cream to ramen burgers! Some brands that were there were Kleenex who was giving out body and hair glitter as well as their wet wipes, La Croix who was giving out a variety of flavors of free seltzers all day long to make sure everyone stayed hydrated in the NYC heat, and Got2b who had a braid bar and and had stylists on hand doing an array off awesome festival hair styles. I came with my hair down and right away realized how hot it was and that I wasn't going to last with my hair down in the heat all day so was super excited about the Got2b hair bar! I got a half up style with three french braids into a lose messy bun. It was such a cute and perfect festival hairstyle and having my hair up made the heat a bit more bearable.

My first Gov Ball was an amazing experience, I miss it already! After attending I definitely understand what all the hype is about and why Gov Ball has become such a favored festival. It was a great atmosphere and there was so much to see and do. I can't wait and am already counting down the days until Gov Ball 2019!

Comments

Popular Posts