Easy Prom Hair

This time of year is the best for high school seniors and juniors because it is the time for prom! Last weekend, my best friend Mary Ellen had her junior prom. I was so ecstatic when she asked me if I could come over before the prom and help her with hair and makeup!

She already had an idea of what she wanted to do with her hair so I was aiming for that. She wanted a simple ponytail with a braid wrapped around it and loose curls in the ponytail. I had done this hairstyle to myself a while back so I was pretty confident that I would be able to achieve the look that she wanted.

I came prepared with supplies to do this hairstyle. What I brought was my Mini Essentials Pin Kit from Straight Pin and my Fudge Urban Iced Coconut Cocktail Hairspray. I have been so obsessed with these two products and they were perfect for doing this hairstyle. The Mini Essentials Pin Kit from Straight Pin is filled with little hair ties and all different colored pins and it was so helpful.

What I did first was brush her hair out and do a ponytail in the middle or her head. I then braided a tiny piece and tied it with a clear elastic hair tie and pinned the braid around the ponytail. Then I used a Conair hair curler and did loose curls all throughout the ponytail. I finished the look off by spraying her whole head with Fudge Urban Iced Coconut Cocktail Hairspray which is my favorite hairspray because it smells amazing and is really strong.

I know prom can be stressful but picking out an elegant yet simple hairstyle for prom can take off a lot of the stress. I hope this post helped give you an idea about what you want to do for your prom hair and I wish you all an amazing prom!

Comments

Popular Posts