Birchbox June 2015 Review

      Since getting my Birchbox subscription in January, I have been dying to do a review of it! Birchbox is a subscription service that for $10 per month or $110 per year sends you five beauty products. As a bonus, they send you a sixth lifestyle product some months. Birchbox is personalized to each subscriber and the personalization is done by completing a survey. Without further wait here is what I received in my June 2015 Birchbox!

Perfume // Catherine Malandrino: Style de Paris: Style de Paris is the debut fragrance from designer Catherine Malandrino. This perfume is my favorite scent I have received from Birchbox. The fruity and floral scent is perfect for summer

Sunscreen // Supergoop Everyday Sunscreen: I was excited to get this product because the day before I received it I had read a review about Supergoop and really wanted to try it. This sunscreen is so nice to wear because it is lightweight. I hate sunscreen is because it feels so heavy and gross on my skin but Supergoop is not like this at all. An added bonus is that Supergoop sunscreen is oil free!

Eyeliner // Marcelle Waterproof Eyeliner in Indigo: Marcelle eyeliner is so great because it is scent free and hypo-allergenic. I am pleased with this product since it is highly pigmented. I also really like the dark blue color. I would not normally buy a colored eyeliner so I am glad Birchbox sent me something a little out of my comfort zone!

BB Cream // Marcelle BB Cream Golden Glow: In my past experiences with Birchbox I have never received more than one product from the same brand until now when I got both a BB Cream and eyeliner from Marcelle. I love using BB Cream in the summer since it is much lighter than foundation. I am disappointed with this product because it is about two shades too dark for my skin so I can not use it.

Hair Product // Number 4 Super Comb Prep & Protect: This hair spritz is made to protect your hair from heated hair tools. I have been using this product a lot due to how frequently I blow dry and flat iron my hair. Since I have been liking and using this so much, I am going to be buying the full sized version of this product.

Hair Tie // L. Erickson: As I mentioned above, sometimes Birchbox will send you a sixth bonus product. This is the first time they have sent me a bonus lifestyle product so I was very excited! This hair tie is so pretty and in my opinion it looks great as a bracelet. I love fabric hair ties like this because they do not leave a pony tail dent in your hair.

      I have been loving my Birchbox subscription! I have gotten so many awesome products that I have fallen in love with. The only complaint I have is that Birchbox does not accommodate any allergies. I have a nut allergy and several times I have received products with almond so that can be a bummer.  When I contacted Birchbox about this they told me there is no way to prevent being sent products with allergens. Other than this, I have no complaints. Birchbox really gives you your money's worth and if you are looking for a beauty subscription box, I would recommend Birchbox.


Comments

Popular Posts